Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sew...how to make a weenie wrap out of an old pair of panties?

Well, it's 12:17 AM...just after midnight, and I just finished sewing a weenie wrap for my naughty toy poodle, Ben,.  He peed on my table leg for the second time today, and I couldn't find his crocheted weenie wrap.  I didn't want to go to bed and wake up to another mess, so I looked through my rag bag and grabbed an old pair of panties that were all stretched out (the elastic waist band wasn't even attached to the panties in most places, lol).

So, I measured my dog around the middle...15 inches.  He's a chubby toy poodle.  I measured my old underwear down the center, and cut off the sides, leaving material around the crotch. I made it 18 inches in length, so I'd have room to overlap it at the back when it was done.















I ironed the fabric as best as I could, and folded the sides in by about a quarter inch, and then another quarter inch so that the cut edge wasn't showing.
















Next, I folded the lengthwise sides together so that they overlapped in the middle.



Weeniewrapfromoldpanties005.jpg image by puppyloveable


Then I folded the short ends over twice, so that the raw edge doesn't show.


Weeniewrapfromoldpanties007.jpg image by puppyloveable


I sewed the short ends in place. (excuse the mess on my table; I was working on a doll earlier and left everything out).

Weeniewrapfromoldpanties008.jpg image by puppyloveable

After this step, I sewed across the short edge near the crotch area, making sure not to sew the actual crotch area.  I wanted a pocket.   I have a computerized Brother CS4000 machine, and the LCD light went out so I can't tell what stitch I'm choosing.  I thought I was still doing a straight stitch, but I must have hit the stitch selection button because I got a surprise, lol.

Weeniewrapfromoldpanties012.jpg image by puppyloveable

Finally, I cut two pieces of that sticky mesh stuff...not velcro, but similar.  I placed it on the ends and pushed so that it stuck.  I pulled to see if I had to sew it on, but it had grabbed the fabric perfectly, so there was no need.  I accidently snipped the fabric open when I cut this sticky stuff, and had to mend the weenie wrap; sigh. 
Weeniewrapfromoldpanties013.jpg image by puppyloveable

Weeniewrapfromoldpanties014.jpg image by puppyloveable

I placed a pad in the pocket made at the crotch area.

Weeniewrapfromoldpanties015.jpg image by puppyloveable

And here is Ben checking his new weenie wrap out.

Weeniewrapfromoldpanties017.jpg image by puppyloveable

It's a perfect fit, and he seems content with it.

Weeniewrapfromoldpanties020.jpg image by puppyloveable

I'm happy with the way this turned out, and really happy that I can sleep without worrying that I'll wake up to another mess.

The next time, I'm going to use men's underwear, in a nice navy blue colour.  Now that I know that old undies make great weenie wraps, I'll know to take more time with the cutting and measuring.  I'm just a beginner, and I'm sure an experienced seamstress could make a really cute weenie wrap using this idea.  It would be cute with some detailing on the outside; a ribbon around the edges, or a decal sewn on to the back.  

If you try my pattern,  let me know how it works for you.

If you have a bigger dog it would still work...you'd just need to add more fabric to make it longer on each end (or buy bigger undies ;-0).

No comments:

Post a Comment