Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dog shirt from bathing suit cover up!

I made a new shirt for my dog, Mac.
I used this cool pattern:
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/40669/how-to-make-a-recycled-dog-sweater/page/all

I started with this icky bathing suit cover up...it has bleach on it and it's really worn; I never wear it.

And I ended up with this cute dog shirt.













How it's made:


I cut a rectangle 16 wide by 28.5 long for the main part (as per the instructions on the tutorial).  When I make this again, I'm going to do one 17.5 wide by 29.5 long, as I'd like it a bit bigger.














Then I cut a triangle, 16" tall by 16" wide.  I'd make this bigger too; maybe 18 by 18 next time.














The triangle is pinned onto the rectangle, just under the neck line (which is the back band of the cover up).  I left the pocket, bug got confused...it should have been right side facing right side and I messed up.














Here's Mac waiting patiently.  He loves clothes, LOL.


















And here's Mac's new shirt.  I embroidered the edges because it was too blah looking.































And here's Mac wearing his new shirt!

































No comments:

Post a Comment