Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Today's Walk at Hiawatha Park

Look at the weird circles on this photo; they don't show up on any of the ones I took before or after this one.

I love the foliage.


Ben leading the way back to the main path.

Back on the main path.

It was getting dark by the time we got off the trails.
The dogs and I went for another nice walk at Hiawatha park today.  Unfortunately, the main gate was closed, so we couldn't go down to the lake and falls.  We went to the 4 km trail instead.  I left the main path in search of moss and lichen, and had to rely on little Ben to guide me back tot he main path.  I wasn't sure if he could or not, because he's never done it before.  Usually that was Annie's job.  Ben didn't let me down, though.  I said, "Ben, where's the truck," and he headed off  through the woods and I followed him until we came back to the main path.  Mac could probably do it too, but he has to be on leash because he goes ballistic when he sees other dogs, and he just follows my lead when he's on leash.

Weird orb like circles appear on one of these photos, and I don't know why.  The don't appear on any of the other photos, which were taken seconds before and after.

I found some nice moss and lichen, as well as some pine cones.  I'm going to make some mini moss terrariums.  I don't know why, but I LOVE moss.  I'd carpet my entire yard in moss if I could.  Heck, I'd carpet my house in moss if I could, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that would be so cool to have a moss-carpeted house. My feet would be so happy. I LOVE moss too. My feet like rejoicing in moss, but I live in basically a desert, so there just isn't much moss around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi House Hen,
    A desert in a jar would be cool, too. Some little cacti, sand, etc.

    ReplyDelete