Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dollhouse update, and links to cool miniature websites

Well, I got an email saying my dollhouse kits have been shipped today, woohoo! 

Meanwhile, I finished stitching the interior of the plastic canvas dollhouse I'm curretly making. The pattern is called "My Pink Dollhouse", and it's for a 6 room, 3 story dollhouse.  I did all 30 of the interior pieces; here they are:













I'm using a big gift box from the dollar store to hold most of the pieces (I put a ful sized kleenex box next to it to show scale).  I love those dollar store gift boxes; they're perfect for storing craft items.  I have 4 of them, and want more, lol.  They'd actually make great room boxes too; they're already "wallpapered", in tiny patterns.

I've found soooo many great websites for making my own dollhouse miniatures.  My favorites are the trash to treasure websites, where they show how to use regular household items, like broken jewelry, straws, etc., to make miniatures.  Here are a few of my favorites so far:

My Small Obsessions
Creating Dollhouse Miniatures

I also found some terrific youtue tutorials:






I can't wait to try these out.

I also found a wonderful book  called Making Dollhouse Miniatures with Polymer Clay, by Sue Heaser.  It's the best Polymer book I've ever seen, and I'm so excited because it even shows how to make an old fashioned kitchen, complete with woodstove and country sink!  I can't wait until i have all of the supplies I need to try this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment