Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Plastic canvas dollhouses

I made room on that store shelf I bought years ago, and it's perfect for displaying my PC dollhouses!
Plastic canvas dollhoues I've stitched, from left to right,
Haunted dolhouse, Bear cottage, My Pnk Dollhouse.

Plastic canvas dollhouses
I don't know if they look better in the first arrangement, or the second.  I can fit the plant behind the bear cottage in the second arrangement, but not the first.
Plastic canvas dollhouses with needle felted critters and small dolls.
Here they are with some of the needle felted critters I made, and some small dolls I found in my collection.  I made the needle felted critters before I made the houses, and then tried to make them a place to live.  The Bear cottage was the first house I made for them, but they quickly outgrew it.  I love the Haunted dollhouse, with it's dilapitated look, it's crooked shutters railings, but the critters didn't suit it so I made the pink dollhouse.  It took me 3 months to stitch the pieces and 5 days to stitch those pieces together.  I still have to make one more piece of furniture for it.  I wonder if the wooden dollhouse kits I bought will take as long to put together?  At least I won't have to stitch the walls, floors, and roof first, lol.  Just sand and paint them...yikes.

I just got another PC dollhouse pattern, for a Christmas mansion, and I think I'd like to try that next.  It seems smaller than the pink dollhouse, based on the furniture size, but it has wonderful details, including a staircase.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for this pattern or a copy of it. Can anyone help?

    jackie.lechtenberg@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete