Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Needle felted mini piggie and cage,

needle felted dollhouse mini piggie and cage

needle felted dollhouse mini piggie and cage with bottle, bowl, and bedding

Finger tip sized needle felted guinea pig

Needle felted mini guinea pig with cage, bowl, water dish, and bedding, in plastic canvas dollhouse
Before Christmas, I made this little mini guinea pig in what I hope is 1:12 scale, or close to it. It's the tiniest needle felt I've done so far.

I figured a guinea pig would be an easy way to start learning how to needle felt tiny items, and now I want to make lots of piggies, lol.   The cage is just green plastic canvas stitched together to make an open topped cage.  The bedding is newspaper.  The bowl is the thing you pull off coffee creamer bottles, and the water dish is a mni lightbulb.  I wanted to paint the tip silver but I didn't have any silver glass paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment