Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, June 28, 2013

Hagrid's hut plastic canvas dollhouse, inner walls completed


Plastic canvas Hagrid's Dollhouse, inner walls

Plastic canvas Hagrid's dollhouse, inner walls
 I've been working on a plastic canvas Hagrid's Hut dollhouse, to go along with my needle felted Hagrid doll.

I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this project (or how obsesses I'm becoming over it, lol).

I am not following a pattern, so I looked at several photo's of Hagrid's hut online. Hagrid's hut seemed to change from movie to movie, with some showing wooden walls, other's showing stone walls. My version has both the dark walls, with some stone around the fireplace, and the bench, just like the original, but I added some other touches for color, like the banner over the door, the Gryffindor crest over the fireplace, and the green shelves.

As I stitched, I caught myself imagining that this was the new Hut, built after the fire in the last movie, lol.  The crest is magical, of course, and it changes color, so I outlined it with the normal red and gold, and used different colors inside.  The crest wasn't originally magical...the idea just formed in my head, lol, because I realized as I stitched that the person who created the crest pattern used the wrong colors.  Here's the link to the free pattern, if you'd like to try it yourself: http://pdfcast.org/pdf/harry-potter-plastic-canvas-patterns  I'll also try to embed it below, but if it doesn't work, just click on the link above and it will take you to the pattern.  There are crests for the other Hogwarts houses as well.


Plastic canvas inner walls for needle felted Hagrid's dollhouse

Needle felted Hagrid, showing off his fireplace 
 Hagrid seems pleased with his magical color changing crest, doesn't he?

The fireplace is 3 holes deep on the inside, although it's hard to see in the photos.  I'm going to try to sculpt a fire to sit inside.

The doorway wall has two hooks on either side of the door frame.  My plastic canvas lantern is hanging on the link.  I'm going to sculpt a candle to set inside (the top of the lantern comes lifts off, so it will be easy to add later).

So far, everything except for the banner and crest was made without a pattern.

The house is a bit bigger than standard dollhouse size, because Hagrid is half giant.

I'm going to start working on the outer walls next, then I'll do the floor.  I'll do the roof last.  I want to make beams that lay across the walls, to hang items like cooking utensils, baskets, and ropes, just like in Hagrid's movie hut.

I'm also going to make a round kitchen table, and possible an easy chair.
Needle felt and plastic canvas, Hagrid's Hut
I'm having a lot of fun with this project; I can't wait to see how it will turn out.

I hope you enjoyed the photos.

Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment