Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Treats or Trick?

After 3 days of eating healthy, including nutribullet green shakes and lots of green salads, I had to go out of town for some doctor appointments.

I left on Monday Morning and managed to eat healthy at lunch; I had a lovely green salad with strawberries, sesame seeds, grilled chicken and blue cheese...but by the time I finished my appointments, got lost, checked in to my hotel, and had a swim, I was famished.  I went to the Hotel Restaurant intending to have another salad, but...
Perkin's in Sudbury
 the menu at Perkins was filled with so many yummy looking things, including breakfast all day, that I indulged.  And by indulged, I mean I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and fries, with gravy on the side.

The burger was so big I couldn't bit it; my mouth wouldn't open wide enough.  It was amazing.  I don't know if it was fatigue or stress or what making me appreciate them more, but the fries were the best I'd ever tasted.  The place had free wifi so I watched Supernatural on Netflix while I ate; bliss.

The next morning, I didn't have the energy I'd enjoyed for the past 3 days on nutriblasts, but I chocked it up to a very poor night's sleep. My room was full of a chemical smell from the hotel cleaning staff and my window wouldn't open. I was up 5 times with asthma attacks and at 4:30AM I just gave up and went outside to breathe the (not so fresh) Sudbury air.  I asked to see another room, but it had the same smell as mine so I didn't bother switching.  I'd assumed that the windows didn't open in any of the rooms because my window didn't even have a crank, but I was told that all the windows open, and mine must be broken.  The desk clerk sent maintenance to my room to fix the window.

 I was the first in line when the doors to Perkins opened at 6:00 AM.  They give you an unlimited pot of coffee for only $2.99, and it was the best coffee I've ever had at a restaurant.  Hands down best.  I watched more Netflix before heading back to my room.  The maintenance guy had left the window open and the air quality was already a bit better.  I spoke to the cleaning lady and asked her to please not clean my room; I explained about the asthma and she told me she suspected the carpet cleaner to be the problem.  She said it affects her breathing, too.  She promised not to use any cleaning solutions in my room at all.

My appointments on Tuesday were long and I was stressed out from getting lost driving in Sudbury. I went to the big Mall in Sudbury and wasn't impressed; our Station Mall, here in the Sault, is MUCH nicer.  Prettier, too; situated on the waterfront as it is.  I bought some ginger body wash at the body shop; I love the Body Shop because it has the only fragrances that don't affect my asthma, and I LOVE the ginger.  I stopped at the Walmart and bought a mini watermelon, a knife to cut it with, and some containers to keep it in, and headed back to the hotel.  After my swim, my tablet and I went to Perkins where I ate chicken strips and yet again more fries (they truly were delish), and watched Third Rock from the Sun (soooo funny!).

I slept a lot better last night because the open window let fresh air in, and the chemical smells had gone down quite a bit.  I had planned on going for a swim this morning, but was just too tired.  I ate some of my watermelon for breakfast, and headed back to the Sault.

I stopped at Wendy's for the strawberry chicken salad (half size; yum) and kept driving.  I had to stop 3 times; I was so tired.

Bruce Mines
Bruce Mines

I went for a walk in the park behind Bobber's Restaurant in Bruce Mines.  I had to do short bursts, from bench to picnic table to the next bench to the next table, lol, but I managed to walk to the marina and back without having an asthma attack by resting often,  and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  It was a lovely day.

Elantra rental car

Here's a photo of my rental car, a spiffy little Elantra.  I loved the thing; it was so comfy and drove like a dream.  At one point I looked down and realized I was doing 140 km per hour. I freaked, as I don't normally go faster than 100 km/hour in my Blazer.  I didn't feel the speed in that car at all.  It had one of those things on the keyring to lock/unlock the car/open the trunk/ring an alarm to help me locate it, and I absolutely LOVED those features (I even caught myself telling the car "Thank you" for opening the trunk, lol).  I'm going to miss that car, a lot.  The car people drove me home and my dogs and birds were thrilled to see me.  I ate the rest of my watermelon and some pepperoni for supper, lol.

I had lots of treats, but they really did a number on me.  My idea of treats is an actual trick of my brain; I like the idea of the non nutritional foods, I like the taste, but boy, those foods don't like me.  

I"m so looking forward to having my nutriblast tomorrow.

2 comments: