Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, March 25, 2016

Miniature Bakery Shop in progress

I am having so much fun with this little foamboard dollhouse shop.  I added some real wallpaper as roofing.  I didn't cut it into strips to look like shingles because I think the pattern already looks roof like enough, sort of thatched. 
Back of mini shop.
 I love the little chalkboard sticker.  I used watercolor paint to write on it and it looks chalky; woohoo.  I want to make either a little bench or patio table for the back patio.  I also want to make some potted plants, and a sign for the wall.
Little min shop entrance
 I used stir sticks for the wood features, and card stock for the door frame.  I'm not sure if I should add more stir sticks to the front and back of the roof or not. The patio stones are shelf liner, not paper, but a sort of vinyl-like fabric that comes in a roll. 
Mini shop interior.
 I printed out some floor tile and am happy with it.  I used a matte sealer on it but should probably have used gloss.  I love the way the little doll is looking through the window, lol.
Side of mini shop


Mini window
 I love the mini window.  I wish I could get my finger prints off it, lol.

Little doll hard at work, lol.
The little doll is telling me we need to build a counter, shelves, a display, and a table and chair set.  Yikes, lol.  My week of freedom ends tonight so I won't be able to keep my stuff out on the table.  I'll only be able to work in fits and starts after today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment