Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, April 1, 2016

Dollhouse Mini Cakes

These miniature cakes were simple but time consuming to make.  I used little foam shapes that I found at the dollar store, covered with 3 dimensional fabric paint for frosting.  I cut wedges out of some of the cakes and poked the foam to make it look textured, and others I left whole.
Miniature cakes
Mini cakes drying
I made lots of them, and used two different types of fabric paint; some from Michael's and some from the dollar store.  The Michael's paints are way better and dried overnight, but the dollar store paints are still tacky and thinned out alot and will need another coat.  The better paints are the brown, white. and pink ones.  The yellow, red,  and lilac were from the dollar store.

Sadie was happy to see the cakes but put in a request for some donuts.  Rufus begged so much that Sadie promised to make him some dog treats, too.

2 comments:

  1. The cakes look great! Thanks for the tip on the two types of fabric paint. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm completely addicted to minis now!

      Delete