Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, April 22, 2016

Mini Rustic Stone Planters

I made these rustic faux stone planters today.
Mini faux stone planters


First I grabbed a piece of left over foam core (the stuff I used to make the bake shop).
 I used a ruler to cut straight edges (or try, lol).
 Then I used my craft knife to score brick lines, and another tool (no idea what it's called but it's next to the knife in the pic below) to make the lines wider and round off some of the sharp edges.
 I also cut some edge pieces and did the same for them.
 I applied a silver grey base coat, making sure to saturate the lines.
 Followed by a tan base, and then a white base.  Then I used all three colors and an old, stiff brush and pounced the various colors on until I was satisfied.
 I decided to make two large and two small planters so cut some of the longer pieces in half.  Then I glued them all together using tacky glue.  When the planters were dry, I glued them to card stock so they'd have bottoms.
 After the glue dried again, I cut them out and went over them again with a dry brush, stippling here and there.
Mini faux stone planters
They were super easy to make and I'm happy with the way they turned out.  My Dad said he liked them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment