Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Mini Topiary Trees

These were a lot of fun to make; super messy but relatively simple.
 I really like the way they came out.  I chose branches that bend a bit so they can be turned to look like they bend in or out, or turned back to look straight.  I didn't want straight perfect branches but now wonder if that would have been better.
Miniature topiary trees
 Sadie and Michelle love the topiaries and have put in a request for flowers next :-).
 While at the dollar store I saw this USB car charger and thought it looked like a fire hydrant.  Rufus thinks it looks like a fire hydrant.  I'll have to google fire hydrants to see what I can add to it to make it more realistic looking, but the shape is spot on.



It's really taking shape now; I'm excited to work on the patio.  I'm going to try some paper flowers next.  I already cut out and painted the petals but haven't shaped them yet. 

I am completely addicted to making minis.
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment