Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Miniature Pies

More pies, lol.  I get hungry making these polymer clay desserts for some reason.  I made the apple and lemon pies today, and the blueberry and pie crusts yesterday.
Mini pies for the dollhouse bake shop
Polymer clay miniature apple pie
 The Apple pie is my favorite; I used new techniques that I learned from watching SugarCharmShop's tutorial
Polymer clay mini lemon meringue pie
 The lemon came out OK but my yellow is too yellow-y.  I tried making it lighter by mixing it with white polymer clay but it gave it a green tinge so I used it as is.  The meringue is white polymer clay mixed with liquid sculpey.  I mixed a bit of yellow polymer clay with liquid sculpey to get the goopy lemon look on the bottom of the pan.  I have to tint the edges of the meringue golden brown later; not sure what paint I should use on baked clay.

Sadie is very happy with her pies, but she's rather a messy eater.  She spilled pie filling on the table ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment