Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Oops, forgot the mini cupcakes!

I finally remembered I made cupcakes, lol.  I iced them this morning and then added "sprinkles", which was a bad idea as they don't look good.
Mini cupcakes
 I used tissue paper to make the cupcake wrappers. They were so cute, but some of them got bent out of shape when I glued the cupcakes onto the trays.
 I used the puff paint as icing and i think I like the liquid sculpey method better.
Mini dollhouse bake shop
Here's the interior of my shop with the cupcakes on the top shelf, one tray on either end.  I didn't glue them in because I'm not happy with them.  They look too plastic-y.

It's weird; my favorite part of this scene is the coffee and tea table.  I even put a little garbage can under the table, and put in some used tea bags and an empty coffee cup.

The other thing that I like, but you can't really see unless you make the photo bigger, is the little coffee cup with the lid on the cash counter.  The lid is super hard dried glue that dried inside of the cap of glue, and it looks just like a plastic coffee lid, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment