Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Printable Mini Cash Register and Tea

The bake shop needed a cash register so I decided to try a printable.  I found this at Small Stuff Print Minis.
It said it was 1:12 scale but it looked really big on my printer preview page, so I copied it and made a smaller version as well.  I folded and glued both, but as it turns out, the bigger one is the right scale.
I added a bead so the monitor would be up higher, and I added a curl of paper to the receipt area.  They are both cute but I like the smaller one better.

Dollhouse mini cash registers from printies

 I also made some boxes of tea, and let me tell you, I don't have the patience for making 30 tea bags to fill one box of tea.  I made one tea bag with REAL tea leaves, and two fake tea bags and called it a day, lol.  I learned how to do this by watching a tutorial by the talented Yolanda Meow on Youtube.
 Yolanda Meow was kind enough to provide a link to the printies.  After watching her make the little tea bags, and attempting it myself, I've come to the conclusion that she has MUCH more patience than I do.  Also, her hands are steadier.  She made her real tea bag actually real and usable. Mine is not usable because I had to glue the tea in place otherwise it blew all over the place every time I exhaled, lol.
 Sadie is happy with the cash registers and the tea.
I also tried a paper plate using the plate press that came in the mail today.  It's cute, I think. 

It's after midnight and I'm wiped.  I should get some sleep.  Sweet dreams, and thanks for joining me on my mini journey. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank full , cash register he was new Way to help to us to get the business running sucessfull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. cash register

    ReplyDelete