Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, May 2, 2016

My Bake Shop and Patio are Now Complete; Woohoo!

I can't believe I'm finished.  How exciting, and sad, at the same time, lol.  Here it is!
Bake shop exterior, back
 I am really happy with the way the window box turned out.  The Cupcake Lovers Parking Only Sign looks great, and so does the Coffee sign.  I'm not as pleased with my Store sign; I should have made it with more colors.

 It was dark when I took these photos so I couldn't get a shot of the interior through the window.
Back of mini bake shop
 Sadie, Michelle, and Rufus are very happy with their finished shop.  Rufus is stopping to smell the flowers.
Mini bake shop outdoor patio
 I think the patio section is my favorite part.  I made some cushions for the chairs last night; they were my final minis for this project, and I procrastinated like crazy on the last pillow because I didn't want it to be over, lol.  I also put an extra pillow on the bench, and a folded up newspaper on the pillow.  I added some signs too.  I left room to maybe add a bird feeder or bird house later, lol.
Mini Bake Shop outdoor patio
 The dolls are relaxing on the patio after working hard giving me orders for over a month now, lol.
Mini Bake Shop
 Poor Rufus; I forgot to make his dog dish.  See, maybe I'm not finished after all, lol :-).
Mini Bake Shop Interior
 Michelle is stealing some chocolate chip cookies while her Mum is busy waiting for guests.
Mini bake shop interior
Mini bake shop interior
Thank you for joining me throughout this project.  I know I was kind of obsessed with it, lol, so thanks for putting up with my sometimes 3 posts a day :-).  Take care.

2 comments: