Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Miniature Gift Bag Room Box

Gift Bag Room Box
 I made this gift bag room box for my Uncle Buck's 85th birthday, yesterday.  It took me over 7 hours of non stop work but I had a blast making it and only wish I would have thought of making it earlier so I would have had more time to work on it.
Room box in a gift bag
 I cut a window out of the gift bag and added some bias tape around the edges.  I wanted to use ribbon but my Mom put my box of ribbons somewhere and I can't find them.
 I made the interior walls, roof, and floor out of foam core, left over from my bake shop.  The wall paper and flooring is contact paper, from the dollar store. 
 I resized a photo of my uncle Buck and his late wife, Cobie, for the wall, and used scotch tape to attach it to a piece of wood.  The tape kind of looks like glass in real life.

Buck wanted cake, pizza, and KFC, so I recreated that in mini, using polymer clay.  I made the cake big because the real cake was huge, big enough to serve 20 people with lots of left overs.  I also put in a cheese and cracker tray with a bowl of olives, and some bead vases.  The pizza box and chicken bucket are printies.
 My uncle loves Frank Sinatra and has all of his albums so I rezised an album cover and printed it out, and glued on a backing so it's like an envelope.  I even cut out a little disc to put inside but didn't have time to paint it black.
 The furniture was from the dollar tree.  I wish I would have had time to paint it.
Uncle Buck really loved his gift, and so did everyone else.
I will definitely make another one one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment