Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, August 21, 2016

I Bought Panniers!

I'm so excited!  I bought some inexpensive panniers from Ebay last night and they've already been shipped.

The photo below is from Ebay.
Bike Panniers from Ebay
They are water resistant but not waterproof, but I have no intention of riding in the rain, so that should be OK.  I can always spray them with a waterproofing spray, or cover them with something if I get caught in rain accidentally.  I'd also pack things inside plastic bags before placing them inside if I was worried about them getting wet.
I don't know for how long this link will work, as it's dependent on how many items the seller has, but these are the panniers I bought: 
Roswheel Bike Panniers on Ebay

I found a  few cool Youtube video reviews of the panniers.  The guy who did the reviews bought a lighter color, but I went with black in hopes they wouldn't show the dirt as much.



 


Yesterday I found Nashbar rear panniers for only $14.99 US, but I didn't order them because I figured they must be really cheap.  Today I thought, shoot, for under 15 dollars, I should order them anyway and maybe can use them on the front of the bike.  Even though I'd saved them in my cart, the price had changed and they were now $69.00!  Bummer; I should have bought them. I'll check for them again periodically and if they ever go on sale like that again, I'll snap them up.
Nashbar panniers

I am so excited, lol!  I am one step closer to being able to go on tour. It will take about a month for the panniers to come in, so I won't be able to go until late fall, or next year, even, but it's something to look forward to, and to dream about.  Even if I just do an overnight tour, it will be something new, something fun, something to look forward to.  Now if only I could find someone to go with me, lol.  None of my friends ride bikes, and making new cycling friends wouldn't work because I would not be able to keep up with them.  If I go by myself, I'll definitely have to buy a cellphone so I can make an emergency phone call if need be.

I'm very excited, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment