Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Crocheting Fingerless Gloves as Christmas Gifts

So, after a long, long detour into bike riding, I'm back with a crochet post, finally.

Crocheted fingerless gloves
I found an amazing pattern on Ravelry
for these amazing Lacy Fingerless Gloves, and I immediately had to try them.

I made violet, purple, and blue ones first.
Variegated lacy finger-less gloves.

They're nice and warm and cozy, and can be worn as is, or over those little dollar store gloves. 
I liked the first pair so much I made more in cream, grey, and red.  Right now I'm working on a pair in variegated black, grey, and white yarn.  I plan on making 6 more pairs of these pretty lacy gloves, so I can give them out as Christmas gifts to my Mom, aunt Judy, cousin Linda, to Laurie and her girls, and to my nieces, Lexie and Claire.  I'm also going to make a pair of mittens for my nephew, Chris.

 It's a great pattern, completely free, and after the first pair I had the pattern memorized so I could crochet while watching Netflix.


I think they'll make lovely, unique gifts.  I'm going to make some hot chocolate and get to work.
Hope you all have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment