Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, October 1, 2017

8 Month Post Op RNY Surgiversary, Size 12 pants!!! OMG!!!

Today is my 8 month post op weight loss surgery anniversary, or surgiversary, as we weight loss patients like to say. 

I am thrilled, absolutely thrilled, with the progress I've made over the past 8 months.  I've lost 117 Lbs so far, and have gone from a very tight size 24 pants to a size 12!  ME!  I am now half the size that I was on January 11th, when I started my 3 week Optifiast liquid protein diet to ready myself for surgery on Feb. 1st, 2017. It's like a miracle. I mean, I know I've worked hard to get here, but it still seems like a miracle to me.

OK, so earlier today, I went to Sears because it is closing and today was their last day.  I was there on their first day back in the 70's when I was 10 years old so wanted to be there for the last day.  I knew most of the items had already been sold but wanted to go anyway, to get some photos.

Well, there were maybe 4 racks of ladies clothing left, 2 racks of mens, and none at all for children.  Most of the ladies wear that were left were plus sized, and I am not plus sized any more.

I was looking for size 14 pants because that is what I thought I needed.  I have one pair of size 14's that are a bit big, but they are the pull on type pants so I thought for sure I'd need at least a 14, possibly a 16, in jeans and dress pants.  But there were none left.  I found two pairs of pants in size 12 and decided to get them and shrink into them, maybe in the next two months or so, hopefully by Christmas.  That was my goal. One was a pair of navy dress pants with shape wear built in to flatten the tummy and lift the bum.  Regular $70.00, but now on for 95% off, so I grabbed them.  I also grabbed a pair of burgundy skinny jeans, also size 12, also regular $70.00 but on for 95% off .  Neither pair of pants were things I'd normally get; I basically just buy black, usually, but for 95% off I was willing to buy ANYTHING even remotely close to my size, lol.

So I bought them ($7.50 for both pairs of pants, including tax!), then went to Walmart and just for the heck of it, decided to try on the same pants I was already wearing in a  loose size 14,  in a size 12.  And they fit.  I immediately started jumping up and down, clapping my hands, yelling "woohoo!".

Seriously, size 12 seemed like a dream that I couldn't attain.  I was happy to be size 14.  I have never been less than a 14 since I was 24 years old, and I only hit size 14 twice between the ages of 24 and 40-something, and have been size 20 or bigger for years.  Size 12?  A nice dream, something nice to think about but I didn't think it would happen.  I hoped it would happen but didn't believe it.

So after I got home I tried on the sale pants from Sears, and even though the Walmart size 12's fit, I didn't expect the Sears size 12's to fit...but they do!  Not only do they fit, they fit nicely, not tight at all!  I didn't have to force the zipper up or anything.  I am a size 12.  Me.  Size 12. I'm feeling euphoric!

I hope this isn't a dream. I hope I am not sleeping right now, dreaming I'm size 12.

I need to update this blog in a major way. I've been crocheting, walking, bike riding, taking lots of photos...then I'm too tired to blog, lol.  I will try to do better in the future.  In the meantime, here are some cool photos of Sears on their last day.  Goodbye Sears, I'll miss you.  Thank you for the amazing size 12 pants for 95% off, lol.





2 comments: