Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Adopted a Hamster

Meet Chunkers, my new Syrian hamster.  He was up for adoption at our local humane society and I fell in love with the cute little guy.
Chunkers, adopted Oct. 26, 2017
Isn't he sweet?

I've only had him for a few hours and I already love him.

I miss having a dog so very much but am not able to get another dog where I live.  I saw this guy was available and decided to give him a home.

I am not sure if I'll keep the name Chunkers; it's cute, and it fits him as he's chubby, but I'm not sure how long he's had it.  He was brought in to the Humane Society on Oct. 18th, by a family who said they were moving.  What that has to do with giving up an animal, I'll never know.

He's very friendly and curious and I was told they think he's male, but aren't really sure. 

I have been watching loads of youtube videos about hamster care and plan to make him a big bin cage in the next week or so. I don't want to move him out of his familiar cage yet because hamsters can get sick if they're too stressed, and he just had some big changes, what with leaving his original family, spending a week at the humane society, and then moving here. 

He's watching me right now.  He's absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment